Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines


TITLE: Twisted Perfection
AUTHOR: Abbi Glines
SERIES: Perfection #1
RATING: 4 out of 5

BLURB:
Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…
Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help. What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came. The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…  (from goodreads.com)


What I like about Abbi Glines' books is the way they make me feel. All warm inside, giggling one moment and trying to keep back tears the next. I was very much excited when I heard that Woods will be getting his own story. I liked him a whole lot in Fallen Too Far – the way he treated everyone around him, not making differences between rich people and lower classes, how he had the ability to take care of someone and love them. And in this book he finally find a person he can actually love and be loved in return. The begining was completely unexpected. I was prepared for a slow and torturous build-up, but I got full blown fireworks. 

Della turned out to be a bit more daring version of Blaire. She spent her whole life in one house, obeying the rules, taking her of her mad mother and after her death, she had to face the world alone. I can understand her need to live, to taste everything. But yet I was still surprised she gave in so quickly – though in a way I can understand, Woods has to be a really amazing piece of man-candy. This book was a whole new level of NA sexiness and passion. As much as I always appreciate a good build-up, this worked too – undeniable chemistry right from the start.

The storyline follows the usual, already tested and proven good, recipe of a good girl falling for a rich boy, throw in some problems with parents, class differences, some jealousy issues and you have it. It's funny how this would usually bother me with other NA books, but I've turned out to be a very loyal Abbi Glines' reader. I've read all her NA books and now I eat them up the very day of their release. They are so quick to read and are a perfect treat between heavier reads.

However, something bothered me beside Della's 'giving nature' – why is there a second book? I really feel like it could all be wrapped up in one and these days there's so many books getting sequels when they would be perfect stand-alones. This is one of them, Fallen Too Far another. And about a bunch of other books.

To sum it up, this will appeal to lovers of steamy YA or NA. People who like their book boyfriends a hint possessive but in the best possible away. Yes, there's a lot of – I can't be with you, I'm not right for you, you deserve better, I love you, be with me, don't be with me, etc. But these are books for fun! Something for you to swoon over, to cry over, to act like a sappy little girl and giggle every once in a while. They're like desserts.

1 comment:

  1. I've got some really strong recommendations to read Abbi Glines' books. I mean I love when a book can make me feel so I guess I should really read them. I'm so happy that you've enjoyed this one. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...